Saturday, January 22, 2011

Inspiration: Back to School

For those of you keeping track of your Australian tertiary education my university, Macquarie, goes back in a month. This is my second year, although since I only do 3 as opposed to 4 units a semester I'm still a first year student. I'm far too excited about it - I'm literally counting down the days. I honestly miss studying, my degree requires a lot of research and there's no better feeling than when researching for a major paper finding a definitive source in whatever dusty tome you find on the shelf and saying to yourself 'Aha!' and feeling like you've just discovered something amazing.

One of my favourite looks that I'm longing for in my wardrobe is one of a vintage school girl. A simple navy A-line skirt - with some satin details and a silk blouse with a pussy bow. Perfection. I'm obsessed with blouses right now, by the way. Is there a rehab for that?

What I love about the look is that it's simple, structured, feminine and can be worn in any season.

An Education - How have I NOT seen this movie? It looks like absolute perfection!

What are your thoughts? What accessories would you pair this look back with? Leave any and all feedback.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, just managed to delete my previous comment... sorry, was saying how much I loved the second blouse and also the red check skirt (aka table cloth) gorgeous- I would wear both for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment Lindy! I am so obsessed with these blouses right now it's ridiculous. I think it'll start making the boy jealous soon :P

    ReplyDelete