Monday, January 17, 2011

Inspiration: 500 Days of Summer

 I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Katy Perry is the poor man’s Zooey Deschanel. She’s got pocketfuls of charm and probably pixie dust and good money says she’s friends with a unicorn – she’s just that whimsical. But, you know, down to earth whimsical not ‘All my furniture is made out of candy’ whimsical.
 
Her wardrobe in 500 Days of Summer was a brilliant reflection of this; it felt organic and natural to her and her character which is something I don’t come across very often in film.
High waisted trousers with a delicate blouse, freshened up with a vest. Adorable and one of my favourite outfits in the film.
 There was a simple and beautiful structure to a lot of her wardrobe. It was 'ordinary' in the sense that you felt like it was something you could re-create yourself but unique in the way it connected with the character.

This was one of those movies that when I finished watching and wanted to completely change my wardrobe - and it did make me think about getting a fringe again (I'm still on the fence about this one!)


This was another one of my favourite looks in the film, it's so sweet and fun with a vintage feel to it. 
Modcloth - Home Canning Top US $39.95


Glassons - Peaches High Waisted Short NZ$39.99 (Also available in a lighter wash)

No comments:

Post a Comment